An Ecommerce WordPress Theme is a theme that has been specifically designed for websites that sell products or services online.
The best Ecommerce WordPress Themes will include all of the necessary features and functionality that you need to build a successful online store, such as:
- A shopping cart
- Payment gateway integration
- Product pages
- Shipping options
- And more…
How to Choose a WordPress Ecommerce Theme
When you are running an online store, the way your website looks is absolutely key to success. First impressions matter, and if a customer doesn’t like what they see when they first visit your site, chances are they won’t be back. That’s why it’s so important to choose a WordPress eCommerce theme that reflects the style of your brand and makes it easy for customers to find what they’re looking for.
There are a few things you should keep in mind when choosing a WordPress eCommerce theme:
1. Ease of use: The last thing you want is a theme that’s difficult to navigate or set up. Look for a theme that’s easy to install and comes with clear instructions.
2. Mobile-friendly: More and more people are shopping on their phones, so it’s important to choose a theme that looks great on all devices.
3. SEO-friendly: A good WordPress eCommerce theme will be optimized for search engines, helping you get more traffic to your site.
4. Compatibility: Make sure the theme you choose is compatible with all the plugins you need to run your store.
5. Support: If you run into any problems with your theme, it’s important to have access to customer support so you can get help quickly.
With all that in mind, let’s take a look at some of the best WordPress eCommerce themes for 2022:
As the world of eCommerce continues to evolve, so too do the WordPress themes that power it.
Shopify Vs WordPress — Which Is Best?
How Many People Use WordPress and Shopify?
2.4 million people use WordPress as their content management system (CMS), while Shopify has 600,000 active users. Both platforms have seen significant growth in recent years. In fact, WordPress’s market share has grown from 21.9% in 2016 to 33.6% in 2019.
As for Shopify, it’s the fastest-growing eCommerce platform in the world. In 2018, Shopify’s revenue was $1.07 billion, which is a 63% increase from 2017. So, which platform is best for you? It really depends on your needs. If you want an easy-to-use platform with everything you need to start an online store, then Shopify is a good choice.
However, if you want more control over your store and are willing to put in the work to build it yourself, then WordPress is a better option. No matter which platform you choose, starting an online store is a great way to grow your business. Ecommerce is expected to continue to grow in the coming years, so now is the perfect time to get started.
What Sort of Users Are Shopify and WordPress Aimed at?
Both platforms are designed for people who want to start an online store. However, they differ in their target audiences. Shopify is aimed at people who want an easy-to-use platform with everything they need to get started. WordPress, on the other hand, is aimed at people who want more control over their store and are willing to put in the work to build it themselves.
Pricing: How Much Does It Cost to Use Shopify and WordPress?
Shopify has a monthly subscription fee, which starts at $29 per month. There are also transaction fees when you make a sale, which start at 2%.
How Much Does WordPress Cost?
WordPress is free to download and use. However, you will need to pay for hosting, which starts at around $5 per month. You will also need to pay for a domain name, which will cost you around $15 per year.
Top of the Best eCommerce WordPress Themes in 2022
- Divi: This theme is Elegant Theme’s flagship product and it’s easy to see why. It’s packed with features, including a drag-and-drop page builder, making it easy to create custom pages for your store. Divi is also mobile-friendly and SEO-optimized, so you’ll have no trouble getting traffic to your site.
- Hugo: This theme from Artisan Themes is perfect for stores with a lot of products. It comes with a built-in product filter, allowing customers to easily find what they’re looking for. Hugo is also responsive and retina-ready, so it looks great on all devices.
- Kadence: Kadence is a multipurpose WordPress theme that can be used for everything from business websites to online stores. It comes with a powerful page builder and extensive customization options, so you can create a unique look for your store. Kadence is also mobile-friendly and SEO-optimized.
- WoodMart: WoodMart is a responsive WordPress theme designed for online stores. It comes with a built-in AJAX shopping cart, so customers can add items to their cart without leaving the page. WoodMart is also SEO-friendly and includes extensive documentation to help you get started.
- Neve: Neve is a multipurpose WordPress theme that’s perfect for online stores. It’s fast and lightweight, so it won’t slow down your site. Neve is also SEO-friendly and comes with a drag-and-drop page builder, making it easy to create custom pages for your store.
- Botiga: Botiga is a WordPress theme designed specifically for online stores. It comes with a built-in shopping cart and checkout system, so customers can purchase items directly from your site. Botiga is also responsive and includes extensive documentation to help you get started.
- Astra: Astra is a lightweight WordPress theme that’s perfect for online stores. It’s fast and responsive, so it won’t slow down your site. Astra is also SEO-friendly and comes with a drag-and-drop page builder, making it easy to create custom pages for your store.
- Shopkeeper: Shopkeeper is a WordPress theme designed specifically for online stores. It comes with a built-in shopping cart and checkout system, so customers can purchase items directly from your site. Shopkeeper is also responsive and includes extensive documentation to help you get started.
Ecommerce web development in 2022 is growing rapidly and is expected to continue to grow in the coming years. By 2022, eCommerce is expected to account for 22% of all retail sales worldwide.
With so much growth potential, now is the perfect time to start an online store. And with WordPress, you can get started quickly and easily. Just choose a theme from this list and you’ll be well on your way to success.
These are just a few of the best WordPress eCommerce themes for 2022. With so many great options to choose from, you’re sure to find the perfect theme for your store.
The Bottom Line: Ecommerce web development in 2022 is expected to be a $4.5 trillion industry.
With WordPress, you can easily create a professional online store. Just choose a theme from this list and you’ll be well on your way to success.
That’s all for now! Stay tuned for more content coming soon.
The Search Engine Cage team is on a mission to educate entrepreneurs. We make things easier for the small business owner, by writing articles that help them to understand SEO and Digital Marketing.